Horse has 2 lumps on barrel

JadeFarms

🙄🤚 Loving life 💜
May 3, 2019
Florida
I posted this on BYH but I am gonna post it here too. She is 6 years old and I just got her a few months ago. She acts pretty normal, just a little bit moody. They are about 3 or 4 inches.
F645D46E-215E-43EC-84C3-11196E3D5E12.jpeg
DAE7CE4F-2D27-468F-BA05-748CCBA49A27.jpeg

How do they feel? Hard, soft, hot? Is she in with other horses? Are bugs bothering her?
They are hard, no she is best friends with my goat so she’s not with other horses. I try to spray her down with fly spray morning and night for the bugs.

They are hard, no she is best friends with my goat so she’s not with other horses. I try to spray her down with fly spray morning and night for the bugs.
How long have they been there? If you press hard into them does it take the imprint of your finger? From the angle it looks like she could use some groceries.

How long have they been there? If you press hard into them does it take the imprint of your finger? From the angle it looks like she could use some groceries.
She will not get fat, I’ve tried to get her ribs not showing but it won’t work. And they look like they are showing a lot more because of the angle.
What do you mean imprint? I pressed down on them and it just feels hard.

She will not get fat, I’ve tried to get her ribs not showing but it won’t work. And they look like they are showing a lot more because of the angle.
What do you mean imprint? I pressed down on them and it just feels hard.
You might try a weight gain supplement and/or adding canola oil to her feed. When my horse and his brother were growing boys they had to be on a hardcore weight gainer because they were growing so fast! Perhaps these are just bug bites and they’re more pronounced because she’s a little thin. She’s young and gangly. She should fill out within a year or two. But also, you could try putting cortisone on it. My horse is a light skinned horse and tends to have mysterious skin bumps all the time. The vet told us to just put cortisone on them and keep an eye out.

You might try a weight gain supplement and/or adding canola oil to her feed. When my horse and his brother were growing boys they had to be on a hardcore weight gainer because they were growing so fast! Perhaps these are just bug bites and they’re more pronounced because she’s a little thin. She’s young and gangly. She should fill out within a year or two. But also, you could try putting cortisone on it. My horse is a light skinned horse and tends to have mysterious skin bumps all the time. The vet told us to just put cortisone on them and keep an eye out.
Okay I will do that. She is on a weight gain feed. She’s a thoroughbred and she actually looks better than when I first got her.

Oop yeah that makes sense then. Thoroughbreds can be skinny minnies and be perfectly fine. But at least we know she’s gaining weight.
Yea thoroughbreds can gain or lose weight overnight lol. We have a bunch of mosquitos over here in FL so that may be the problem, I spray her down every night and morning because of it.

Back
Top Bottom