Horse Talk

Awwww she's adorable and beautiful!

Though she looks shorter than I remember? Maybe it's the angle. And does she get the spots with longer fur? Is that common in horses? But she is sooo beautiful and I love the spots aha
She looks short because she’s so fat! Haha. And yep, dappling is pretty common, i love it.

The spots are dappling and are an indicator of a healthy horse/coat, chances are, she won't still have the dapples at the end of winter due to fading, but she will likely get them back for a bit in the spring with her summer coat, then they will fade away again.
Exactly! I love when she has them.

Wow she is fat. XD Smoke has been trimming down quite a bit, now that we don't have that alfalfa anymore. It was not being nice to his gut... Or my nose. XD
I don’t even know why June is so fat. I don’t feed her anything :lol: she’s an easy keeper

June looks beautiful! :thumbsup
Thanks!

She looks short because she’s so fat! Haha. And yep, dappling is pretty common, i love it.

Exactly! I love when she has them.

I don’t even know why June is so fat. I don’t feed her anything :lol: she’s an easy keeper

Thanks!

Ohhh that makes sense! Lol well she's still adorable!

And yeah, the spots are pretty

Thank you all for not even commenting on how goofy her poor mane looks :lau

I didn't even notice lol

Although with the spots and mane and how fat and short she is atm she looks like a Fjord lol

ONE burr? I have horses that are NOTHING BUT burrs.... I mean, hundreds in their manes, tails, and forelocks, even stuck to legs and sides....
Mira does that with tumbleweeds... Every time I go out there, she's got a bunch of little twigs in her mane. *sigh* :rolleyes:

Thank you all for not even commenting on how goofy her poor mane looks :lau
Smoke barely ever HAS a mane. :lau He rubbed most of it off on the scratching post, so now all he's got is his forelock. :rolleyes: Gotta say, it's easy to deal with though. :lol:

Ohhh that makes sense! Lol well she's still adorable!

And yeah, the spots are pretty

I didn't even notice lol

Although with the spots and mane and how fat and short she is atm she looks like a Fjord lol
Haha that’s what i thought too! I kinda like it lol. But i miss the days when she was muscly and graceful looking. I need to start working her again.

I should show you my mare's goofy hairstyle. Somehow she managed to find a burdock bush and got a burr right in her forelock! Looks funny!
Lol that happens to June allll the time, looks even funnier when you pull the burrs out and their forelock turns into a big poofball!

Can you guys educate me on PSSM1?
I’m still trying to get Jasmine sold but I’m not getting any interest because her sire is N/PSSM1. And to be completly honest i don’t know anything about it

Can you guys educate me on PSSM1?
I’m still trying to get Jasmine sold but I’m not getting any interest because her sire is N/PSSM1. And to be completly honest i don’t know anything about it
I did some reading to be sure of what it was. Here is a helpful link. http://www.animalgenetics.us/Equine/Genetic_Disease/PSSM.asp If her sire is N/P1 then he had a 50% chance of transmitting it to her, if her Dam was n/n then there is a 50% chance that Jasmine is N/P1. It appears that the test is $40 if you want to be certain that she isn't carrying it.

For a N/P1 horse it's not the end of the world, you just don't want to breed a P1/P1 to a P1/P1 or a N/P1 because you have a chance of making more P1/P1 horses. If the P1/P1 is amazing and you really "need" to breed them, breed them to a n/n horse and then the foals will be n/P1. So, in short, there is a chance that Jasmine isn't even carrying the gene, but the best way to know would be to test her for it.

Back
Top Bottom