Horse Talk

Do you have a lot of horses? Or one wonder horse lol
Well, I do train horses, and compete some of my client's horses. I do have one Arabian mare (getting older now) whom I compete provincially on in all western disciplines. Jump her at home, but don't english compete her. She doesn't enjoy it enough. I show jumped and x country competed in the past on my paint mare. And I have a 4 year old who is my own up and coming trainee for english and western competition.

Today was a long day. Woke up, still recovering from the flu, it was 9° outside and i just knew my pregnant cow was gonna pick today to give birth, so i put on 4 layers of clothes, trekked out in the snow, and sure enough there was a little baby laying on the ground. Half froze. So i scooped him up (not true, i made at least 5 efforts before i got up with him because calves are apparently heavier than they look) and carried him a few feet to the shed and sat him down inside, got some hay from the barn, made a bed out of it for him, and then left so momma could clean him and get him up. I went back out two or three hours later and he was still stretched out on his side shivering and raspy breathing. Not good. So i covered him with towels and sat with him for a couple hours, he finally lifted his head up and rested it on my leg for a while so i took that as a good sign, wrapped him up tight, and went in for 30 minutes to warm myself. When i came back out he was sprawled on his side again, eyes closed, more rattly breathing. So i rubbed him all over AGAIN, stood his back end up, yelled encouraging words at him and FINALLY he started making an effort. After i helped him 3 or 4 times he was able to stand on his own. He’s still wobbly and trying to figure out the milk situation but he’s finally up and doing good.
And a majority of the time, June was bugging us. Lol.
View attachment 1239154 View attachment 1239155

Awwwww, I'm glad he's doing better! :love

Well, I do train horses, and compete some of my client's horses. I do have one Arabian mare (getting older now) whom I compete provincially on in all western disciplines. Jump her at home, but don't english compete her. She doesn't enjoy it enough. I show jumped and x country competed in the past on my paint mare. And I have a 4 year old who is my own up and coming trainee for english and western competition.

Ahhh that makes sense. That's awesome!

Awwwww, I'm glad he's doing better! :love
He was doing better, then got worse! He got stuck between two posts and got too cold and lost ability to walk again. This is currently
E2ECD614-42D1-4B77-AF1F-9A7E06DE1A60.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom