Host a BYC Traveling Mascot!

Lucky Tootsie!! Roo Chicken is beautiful!! And your parents looks and seem like sweet people! awww.

I think the last picture is wrong though... there are two pics of your dad. I think it's supposed to be Diesel maybe.

WOW!
We have so many active mascots at the moment!! It's soooo awesome!!

I went back through a bunch of posts, re-reading adventures and lining post #'s back to hosts on Post #1. I think the hosts are really getting into the spirit of this madness!! What awesome stories, and nice 'slice of life' views into some of the BYC member's worlds. This is just such an awesome project to be a part of
hugs.gif

clap.gif
ya.gif
So glad to see Tootsie arrive safely and she seems to have fit right in easily with your family.
ya.gif
Sounds like there are some wonderful cooks at your house.
tongue.png
Your Mom and Dad seem to be wonderful folks. Sonny and Diesel are very handsome
love.gif

Thanks so much Iowa Roo Mom
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Karan
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Tootsie slept well last night, she was super tired from all her travels the last few days. We slept in a little this morning, because for some reason, no one let Sonny out as early as usual.
hu.gif

29831_tootsie_day_2006.jpg

When we looked out the window, Tootsie was
sad.png
It was raining. She clearly reminded mom that she had promised Tootsie she could drive "The Rascal" today, and so mom said that as soon as the rain stops, Tootsie could go for a drive down the pond dam. She would have to wait for it to dry out a bit before she could drive the John Deere tho, since she only brought one change of clothes.
hmm.png

29831_tootsie_day_2001.jpg

She said this weather reminded her of her time in Georgia with jbowyer01 because it rained alot there, too. She told me all about her adventures there, and in Kentucky, and said she wanted me to tell everyone "HI" from her!!! We even got back on BYC and looked at some old pictures of her travels
smile.png

29831_tootsie_day_2007.jpg

She hadn't met the rest of the family yet, so we signed off BYC for a moment and went to have a look around. She found Momma Cat (White and Black) and Dot Com (Grey and Black) and decided she best have a picture with them. Of course Tootsie has become such good friends with mom that she insisted on her being in the picture as well.

29831_tootsie_day_2003.jpg

She also met my geriatric kitty, Wild-One. She's pushing 19 years old, ya know! This is me, Tootsie, and Wild-One.

29831_tootsie_day_2005.jpg

Since it was raining, she decided to take a small nap with Dot Com. He didn't mind, and before I knew it, they were snoozing away.

29831_tootsie_day_2004.jpg

When she woke up, she snuck into my old bedroom, and all of a sudden we heard the awfulest turkey screech ever. We ran into the room to find her and this is what we found. Boy did I have some explaining to do
rant.gif

29831_tootsie_day_2002.jpg

After we decided that George was NOT, in fact, Tootsie's long, lost, missing Grandpa, we decided to post the day's pics so far on BYC.

I promised her that we would do some exciting stuff as soon as the weather lets up, and reminded her that RAGBRAI is coming to Ottumwa on Thursday. RAGBRAI is the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Accross Iowa, where about 15,000 bike riders and an additional 5,000 support people ride all the way accross the state. People like Lance Armstrong, Matthew Mcconaughey, and others. I told Tootsie not to get her hopes up to see anyone famous, but 15,000 cyclists in one place is quite a spectical in it's self! She's excited about that, and if we have her August 13th, we'll take her to the Iowa State Fair, the greatest fair in the world
wink.png
(Unless, of course, you live in any of the other 49 states)

Anyhow, we'll check in later, Tootsie says, "Hi, Y'all!"

ETA: Mom wanted me to inform everyone that she went on RAGBRAI back in the '70's. It's a total of almost 500 miles over a week, so it's a pretty big deal!!! I could never do it, but my momma sure did! I asked Tootsie if she wanted to give it a shot and she said maybe next year.
roll.png

Well, it finally stopped raining this evening, long enough Tootsie could get out and drive mom's Rascal... She knew mom had to ride tho, so she sat on her lap and took over the controls!

29831_img_0139.jpg

Here are a few pictures as we're headed down the pond dam. It's Diesel's favorite place to walk- and the usual walking gang is Me, Mom, Diesel, Sonny, and Bethal Cat... Here we all are headed for the usual evening stroll....

29831_img_0141.jpg

29831_img_0142.jpg

We had to stop about midway through the walk- Toootsie wanted to check out the pond. It's actually the neighbors land, they own 100 acres and we only have 4. But they are the best neighbors anyone could ask for and they always let us walk Diesel and they'll even let us fish! (It's private property- but we grew up in that pond, so they are kind enough to allow us priveledges)

29831_img_0143.jpg

Here is a view of our house on the way back.

29831_img_0144.jpg

Can anyone identify these flowers/weeds? They smell just like lilac's... but they sure do draw the bees! Which isn't good, cause Diesel and Miss Kell (My youngest older brother's girfriend) are both allergic to their stings!

29831_img_0146.jpg

Chicken usually follows us, then gets tired. So mom kindly gives him a ride back on her Rascal Scooter.

29831_img_0147.jpg

That's a lot of steps for those little chicken legs- and Tootsie didn't mind sitting in the cargo basket- she says it gives her a "different view of the world." Silly turkey...

29831_img_0145.jpg

When we got back to the house- Tootsie wanted to show y'all around a bit. She's been exploring since the rain stopped! Here is a view of our "yard". It's alot of mowing, but it's fun to ride the go-kart and the four-wheeler in. Tootsie hopes she can drive the John Deere when it dries out and help us get it cut. She's so ambitious and helpful! What a gal!

29831_img_0149.jpg

And a view of the front of the house, and looking at the side yard to the shed and the new chicken coop tree house...

29831_img_0151.jpg

29831_img_0150.jpg

When Tootsie found the small boat, she wanted to go fishing. I had to tell her that it was too late to get the boat out, but maybe this weekend after work we would go. She thought that would be fine.

29831_img_0148.jpg

Before we went inside for the night, Tootsie met another friend. Bethal Cat (our outside kitty) is usually scared of everyone, but she sure did like Tootsie! Then again, how couldn't ya!

29831_img_0153.jpg

When we got inside, mom and I had our usual nightly game of cribbage. Tootsie asked if she could play, so we delt her in. If anyone here is familiar with cribbage, you can see she blew us away with servral hands like this one. She DOUBLE SKUNKED us BOTH!!!

29831_img_0156.jpg

Well, I guess thats all of Tootsie's adventures for today... I don't know if we'll be doing much tomorrow, the painters are coming and I've got to help a friend get ready for her big "RAGBRAI" party... she lives in Ottumwa, right on the route. She's invited a bunch of us over, so I offered to help her out. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated as Tootsie has more adventures, so untill then, she says, "Night, Y'all!"

Last edited:
Wow some great veiws there at your place Iowa Roos Mom So nice of your Mom to let Toosie drive and play cards with her.
clap.gif
I love it that the dog, Rooster and cat all go for a walk together
love.gif

Kinda reminds me of a story what was the title of it???
idunno.gif

Those flowers are Milkweed, there are about 12 differnt varities of Milkweed common in our area Those are some of the bigger ones. Monarch butterflies lay their eggs on them so the catapillar can fed on the leaves. Opps
duc.gif
thats the Greenhouse gardener coming out of me.

Karan
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Wow... Tootsie is so lucky!! What a beautiful place! I love the picture of you mom and chicken on the wak back to the house, and Tootsie in the cargo . Priceless....

It's so nice to see a well-behaved mascot. Tootsie could give Beaker some lessons. It's not that he wasn't helpful, but he just needs to be constantly entertained or trouble finds him.
tongue.png

I love the walk to the pond. Was Tootsie a good driver, or did you have to give her some lessons? I was scared to let Beaker control anything with power.
hide.gif

I love cribbage! Very cool that Tootsie was so good at it.

Back
Top Bottom