cups of milk
iconsDollarSign.png

4 cups flour
iconsDollarSign.png

1 tsp. nutmeg
button_swoop_tag.png

Save Now

Directions

cream together shortening & 1 cup of sugar, then add all eggs and beat well with mixer mix other dry ingredients except for second cup of sugar in seperate bowl. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients, BEAT WELL, with mixer. Add. last cup of sugar, Fill donut forms to 1/8th" below top level of bottom plate. Bake the donuts at 356 degrees farinhight for 24 minutes.
yeilds 36 donuts.

Read more at http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/quick-6-donut-recipe-original#dCyE9xKIjbEHZ2XV.99

Last edited:
You could probably use any plain cake donut recipe. Cut the donuts small and keep packing on more and more powdered sugar. Probably that brown wax glaze could be purchased as candy dipping bar, chocolate flavor.

For true Hostess lovers, not any old cake/doughnut recipe will do. My sister is one of those unhappy folk and, for Xmas, I've bought her the mini doughnut pan. She's not much of a cook so I've been trying out some recipes and not having much luck. One of the issues - and this will sound silly - is that the recipes are too moist and dense! Hostess, probably because of shipping, etc., are drier and much more...fluffy?

I literally live around the corner from one of their bakeries and, at night, the air was fragrant with fresh bread smells. Not big on their donuts but they will definitely be missed just the same.

I'll try to bookmark this and get back if I can get the recipe right. FYI, not a fan of nutmeg so I don't use it. Not a difference on texture but don't know if it affects taste - don't know if Hostess used it...

Back
Top Bottom