Hot eggs help

fangaddict

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
1f610.png
my sons did not bring the eggs in while i was on vacation.
1f610.png
im talking 90-100° for a week. Are these eggs even edible now? Should i chunk them in the trash?

Well, I think I would feed mine back to the chckens. Just crack a couple and stir into the layer feed.

I would definitely put into a small bowl before cooking with them to check, but I really think I would feed them to the chicken.

Mrs K

At 90-100 for a week, they certainly have development, that is, if they are fertile. And even if they aren't, I would not risk it. Chuck them.

Last edited:
I'd throw them. At those temperatures there is a good change they started developing some and that is the last thing you'd want to see if you open them…

I forgot to mention i don't have a roo. Anyhow, thank you all for your help. Into the trash they go....... 2 and a half dozen.
1f61e.png
i feel so wasteful. But i would feel horrible if someone gets sick. We give our extras to friends.

I forgot to mention i don't have a roo. Anyhow, thank you all for your help. Into the trash they go....... 2 and a half dozen.
1f61e.png
i feel so wasteful. But i would feel horrible if someone gets sick. We give our extras to friends.
Rooster or not, that long that hot, I'd have done the same thing. Best not to take the chance.

Back
Top Bottom