Hot2Pot's Grandchick Thread... chick brother/sister chat~a~long!!! (:

ambrosia

Songster
8 Years
Oct 21, 2011
Just want to see how my babies siblings are doing! I know we kept Hot2Pot hopping with all of our egg shipments... lets see how we all did! And show off our Fuzzy Butts!!! Here's a few of mine just to start things off....

Easter Egger, Buff Orpington, and GLW

Oh, what a great idea! I had fun hatching along with everyone, it'll be fun to see how our chicks grow up.

Here's a pick I took today. All 6 are GLW eggs that Hot2Pot sent me. They are 7-8 days old.

Too Sweet... they sure grow fast, huh...

loving the little blondie
love.gif

Well We had a disaster! 25 eggs went into lockdown of hot2pots. ALL were alive! There are 7 babies that are fine. ALL the rest were dead...The BAs (2) were pipping then zipping, we were WATCHING them... and they got quiet.... well they had been working hard going STRONG thought they were napping...one I went in to take a shower figured when I came out it would be out...nope it had died, the shell was full of foamy bubbles.I guess it drowned as those weren't there when I went into the shower. Then the other one was zipping along so I stay here with it, since I thought maybe it is a BA thing, thought maybe IT was napping, no bubble,s surely it was fine...nope dead,dies right in front of me!. Well I know one of the silkies was alive it was rocking the shell and tapping...and cheeping. Never even pipped. This was the saddest day ever and there is a story for all of them...I did eggtopsies on all of them a couple wouldnt have made it, due to being in the wrong position and pipped into the wrong end, but wow this was horrible...FIRST we had PO soccer with these eggs...

THEN Well we have figured LOW temps are the culprit. WE THOUGHT our thermometer was right but when we calibrated it this morning trying to find an answer, we found out that it was two dgrees off! WE thought it was at 100 it was really at 98%
he.gif
I couldnt believe it and our hatches before worked out fine except for some dirty eggs that we got free so we tried them! I feel so guilty! and my heart is sick! I STILL don't understand about the BA's they were fine!
We DO have 7 beautiful grandchicks for HOT2POT...None of this is the fault of her,her shipping was emaculate and packaging was perfect and EVEN tho the PO must have tried to scramble (and did)those eggs not one got broke! After we culled the bad eggs we still had 25 good ones...Then our thermometor decided to take a humungous crap on us.
Life goes on...Even when we are sad...We now know what to do to fix it
The fuzzies are running around in the bator learning to walk and zoom and fall backwards(they do that one really good!) and fluff before heading to the baby brooder While I am STILL painting the big brooder I am grateful for the two little polish,One L/S,One BA,3 BO I will send pics of your grandchicks as soon as they fluff!

OH my goodness, that is terrible. I am so sorry. I would be so upset and traumatized over that kind of loss.

I had one chick who never pipped, but was fully formed; I was quite sad over that. But to lose so many?
hit.gif

My first chick to hatch, Godzilla (the yellow one on the far left), pipped into the narrow end. I looked at her egg after the hatch, and saw the air cell was still intact. I wonder how common that is.

This is a polish we got from hot2pot. I am lucky she only lives about 15 min from me.
woot.gif

Also have more but i will have to get pics of them.

Well We had a disaster! 25 eggs went into lockdown of hot2pots. ALL were alive! There are 7 babies that are fine. ALL the rest were dead...The BAs (2) were pipping then zipping, we were WATCHING them... and they got quiet.... well they had been working hard going STRONG thought they were napping...one I went in to take a shower figured when I came out it would be out...nope it had died, the shell was full of foamy bubbles.I guess it drowned as those weren't there when I went into the shower. Then the other one was zipping along so I stay here with it, since I thought maybe it is a BA thing, thought maybe IT was napping, no bubble,s surely it was fine...nope dead,dies right in front of me!. Well I know one of the silkies was alive it was rocking the shell and tapping...and cheeping. Never even pipped. This was the saddest day ever and there is a story for all of them...I did eggtopsies on all of them a couple wouldnt have made it, due to being in the wrong position and pipped into the wrong end, but wow this was horrible...FIRST we had PO soccer with these eggs...

THEN Well we have figured LOW temps are the culprit. WE THOUGHT our thermometer was right but when we calibrated it this morning trying to find an answer, we found out that it was two dgrees off! WE thought it was at 100 it was really at 98%
he.gif
I couldnt believe it and our hatches before worked out fine except for some dirty eggs that we got free so we tried them! I feel so guilty! and my heart is sick! I STILL don't understand about the BA's they were fine!
We DO have 7 beautiful grandchicks for HOT2POT...None of this is the fault of her,her shipping was emaculate and packaging was perfect and EVEN tho the PO must have tried to scramble (and did)those eggs not one got broke! After we culled the bad eggs we still had 25 good ones...Then our thermometor decided to take a humungous crap on us.
Life goes on...Even when we are sad...We now know what to do to fix it
The fuzzies are running around in the bator learning to walk and zoom and fall backwards(they do that one really good!) and fluff before heading to the baby brooder While I am STILL painting the big brooder I am grateful for the two little polish,One L/S,One BA,3 BO I will send pics of your grandchicks as soon as they fluff!

So sorry to hear that...
hugs.gif

But glad you had some survive...! And pics would be great... we love the little fuzzy butts!!!!

This is a polish we got from hot2pot. I am lucky she only lives about 15 min from me.
woot.gif

Also have more but i will have to get pics of them.

Love the expression! It says " Yea, you know I got it going ON"

Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing more
celebrate.gif

Yup I am sad to my soul.I am not a real cry-y type person and while doing the eggtopsies today I realized that tear wear running down my cheeks....I was looking at the LO....I had wanted it so badly.. IT all seemed so senseless but Deborah has worked all day to determine the cause... our thermometors were definatly off like 3-4 degrees off....she has order new ones from incubator warehouse today...IT really was an accident...we had no way of knowing the same thermo's suddenly had lost accuracy...
ANYWAY will send fuzzy butt pics soon they are ADORABLE!

I know how you feel about loosing your babies. I have had to through out almost 20 eggs so far and don't know why. last year all mine made it now this year I `can't get any of mine to make it.

Back
Top Bottom