Hound Dog Club

allmychickens

Just'a small town girl
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Washington
A thread to share your advise, comments, and questions on hound breeds.

Afghan Hound American English Coonhound American Foxhound Basenji Basset Hound

Beagle Black and Tan
Coonhound Bloodhound Bluetick
Coonhound Borzoi

Dachshund English Foxhound Greyhound Harrier Ibizan Hound

Irish Wolfhound Norwegian Elkhound Otterhound Petit Basset
Griffon Vendéen Pharaoh Hound

Plott Redbone
Coonhound Rhodesian
Ridgeback Saluki Scottish
Deerhound

Treeing Walker
Coonhound Whippet

To Join:

What breed(s) you have:
How Many:
How long you have had this breed(s):
Advise or Comments:
Pros:
Cons:

MEMBERS:

Sword
What breed(s) you have: Beagle (hunting line)
How Many: 1
How long you have had this breed(s): 12 years
Advise or Comments: These dogs love to hunt. If you're against hunting, train them anyway and at least take them to run rabbits every once in a while if you want to make your dog truly happy (This is my greatest regret with my dog, not realizing this until she was old)
Pros: Intelligent, friendly, energetic (but not hyper), even tempered (not neurotic or snappy), good watchdog abilities, patient with children and other pets, low maintenance coat, long lived.
Cons: Loud, independent, stubborn at times, smells strongly when fed low or medium quality food. They can go "deaf" while on the scent. Completely unreliable off leash except in hunting situations.

Last edited:
What breed(s) you have: Beagle (hunting line)
How Many: 1
How long you have had this breed(s): 12 years
Advise or Comments: These dogs love to hunt. If you're against hunting, train them anyway and at least take them to run rabbits every once in a while if you want to make your dog truly happy (This is my greatest regret with my dog, not realizing this until she was old)
Pros: Intelligent, friendly, energetic (but not hyper), even tempered (not neurotic or snappy), good watchdog abilities, patient with children and other pets, low maintenance coat, long lived.
Cons: Loud, independent, stubborn at times, smells strongly when fed low or medium quality food. They can go "deaf" while on the scent. Completely unreliable off leash except in hunting situations.

Last edited:
What breed(s) you have: Plott, Redbone coon hound, Bluetick coon hound, black and tan coon hound
How Many: 3 plotts, 4 redbones, 1 black and tan, 5 blueticks
How long you have had this breed(s): 16 years
Advise or Comments:
Pros: good lion, bobcat, and bear dogs
Cons: my plotts are aggressive

What breed(s) you have:plott
How Many:2
How long you have had this breed(s):Got my first one a year ago but he ran away :( getting 2 more tomorrow though!
Advise or Comments:They get bored when lonely! Very personable dog and put on some major faces to convince you of something!
Pros:Great hunters! Ward off predators from your flock and people from your property!
Cons: They are loud and need there energy contained

Back
Top Bottom