House Chicken Using Stairs

centrarchid

Crossing the Road
14 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Holts Summit, Missouri
I have a pullet inside that will be put through some experiments where she must visit multiple locations that are separated by 50 feet or more of travel and not in straight line and not within sight of each other. A big part of it will have her using stairs. So far, she has already figured out stairs and readily goes back and forth between floors without placement of food award.

Good luck. Sounds like fun. Keep us updated. I only have one chicken that has the personality, intelligence, and food drive to be easily trainable.

Now three additional stimuli. First is light, second is dust bath, and third is people.

She suns in window. She is also looking for a place to work on her feathers.

If she hears someone one the other floor of house and she is alone, then she goes to the floor where the other resident is located.

Penny on bed during day.
7D7E7F3C-E4C2-4CE3-8273-F7D9E4ADCF12.jpeg

Penny lying next to me on bed at roost time. She opted to hang with me over roosting up as she did two prior nights.
Shortly after taking second photograph, I went downstairs to work with kids on homework. Penny followed and messed around as we studied. I then took her upstairs and placed her on roost with light turned down so we could continue studies prior to bed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom