House duck any good tips?

momsbusybee

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 7, 2012
Oklahoma
Looks like we will be having a house duck
big_smile.png
so I'm looking to see if anyone has any good tips for keeping house ducks? I'm not new at having ducks but we have one that looks like will be coming one and so far I have been keeping him in a tub and changing out his bedding/food/water everyday and taking him out in the evening to walk and get some grass...

So any tips will be great & what type of housing do you keep your house duck in?

Keeping him in a tub where he gets limited contact with you isn't the best idea. Ducks are very social and if you intend to keep him indoors it's important that he develops a close bond with you. Have you reached out to Kukupecpec? She's our resident diaper maker here on BYC, and hers are the absolute best! She makes little adjustable ones for ducklings so they can grow with the lil' fuzzbutt.

Other than that, just try to keep your carpets clean. Because I guarantee he'll try to chew on it. :p

Oh no he is in our living room with us all the time we take him out and hold and love on him and i put a towl down where im sitting and lwt him sit with me so he isn't in the clear tub all the time.

No how do i find the person your talking about because i will need to order him some.

Back
Top Bottom