Housing for coturnix quail

where is that? i am in oswego county. i have to ask, because i keep asking everybody, cause i can't believe it myself. you know you need a permit? don't let me scare you with that by anymeans. i just wanted to know if you knew. i didn't know. thanks to monarc, i am wondering if others keep them without..........
wink.png

in that order. since i didn't know.... when i looked it up on line i found two sites that said i did NOT need one. then monarc took the wind out of my sail. i loved all the info she gave us, except that part.
wink.png

Quote:
Are you sure?? Most places don't require permits on "non native" species, like pharoah/cortunix/ or chinese painted/button quail. Now, if you're raising Bob Whites, Chuckar Partridge, or Ringneck Pheasants, you need a permit pretty much anywhere in the US.

Quote:
My birds are hold strong right now I got one of them covers you put on grills over them....theres only 5 but if they survive the winter I'm gonna get rid of these 5 (theres inbred mutt birds I guess I can call them that?) and build me some breeder cages and some better stock, and maybe some chukars to just so I can say I have some, but would also like some pigeons lol with all these things I'm wanting and my lil shallow pocket I hope I can pull it off. If you need anymore help bout dealing with quail up here email me.

Quote:
Are you sure?? Most places don't require permits on "non native" species, like pharoah/cortunix/ or chinese painted/button quail. Now, if you're raising Bob Whites, Chuckar Partridge, or Ringneck Pheasants, you need a permit pretty much anywhere in the US.

yes every state is different NY is one that you need a permit for even button quails.

Back
Top Bottom