Houston we have a problem?

jess5254

Songster
9 Years
Jul 7, 2010
Maine
Ibought six call duck eggs online and they are on day ten. Only two were viable and one has something wrong with the airsack. I read in the archives on byc that you can try to move it by sitting it up in an egg cup which I have done. Should I have done this? Should I take it out and let what happens happens? This is my first time incubating and of course I picked call ducks. I didn't know they were so difficult from what I have heard. Thay are on day ten and starting to get hard to see inside when I candle Is this okay or are they dead? I dont know I am very concerned. Please help!!! thank You

I would leave it in egg cup with pointy end on bottom until the embryo has grown enough to create an airpocket on fat end of egg. Here is a link to a guide on dealing with damaged aircells that our byc waterfowl hatching expert Pete55 posted a while back.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...t-of-damaged-and-mal-positioned-egg-air-cells

For what it is worth, I have followed this guide and had successful duck and goose hatches from eggs with damaged air cells. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom