Hova Bator Fan not working. Will a little giant fan work?

JordanFamily

Crowing
16 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Archie, MO
The local store only has little giant fans 7300. I have a 1602 Hova-Bator. Is there a way to get the fan to work? My eggs have to go in soon or they will be old! I don’t have time to order a Hova Bator one.

Your Hovabator model 1602 that you posted, is supposed to be a fan-less model, according to what I can find.
If yours has a fan, it could be one that was added by you, or someone else before.
Here are my thoughts...
I would recommend replacing fan with an IDENTICAL one that is there.
Reason;;;; the replacement fan for different application, can be of different voltage.
It can also be different physical size, which can lead to problems.
Difficult to attach properly.
Improper air circulation,, (possibly too fast)
Can cause unwanted scalping of chicks possibly. :old :idunno

If you lived next door, and I had the incubator, on my workbench, I would be able to tell you a possible remedy.
I don't have any incubators of your models mentioned, so just giving you my advice to replace ONLY with IDENTICAL PARTS.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

you can can always get a usb powered computer fan and have that attached to a usb extension cable to be plugged into a usb plug externally. It will run separately to the incubator but it will do its job. You'd just have to have the cable running out the incubator. I do this with my home made one.

Measure the size of the fan in there and try to get the same size

Back
Top Bottom