Hova-bator..pre-Set temp..year to year ????

KYBOY

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Eastern,Kentucky
Ive had my 1588 unplugged for about 5 months now..Last year the temp was good and good hatches..Have you ever had to re-adjust your temps after a long dormancy period or have they always been fine?

Don't have any experience about this, but I can say you would want to plug it in and see if it is holding temps well. Some replace their wafers every year.

With a preset electronic thermostat I wouldn't think you'd have to. Different seasons and weather conditions, especially if you keep your house different temps, might require different settings. With a wafer like my hovabator has I have to adjust the temp a tiny amount each time and wafers do lose accuracy every year. I wouldn't think the electronic would have that problem though.

Well I just went ahead and set everything up..Hovering at 99.9* and 46% humidity right now..I have some BCM eggs coming in a few days and I want to make sure everything is just right..

My 1588 had been in the garage for over year when I decided to hatch again -- it's working great. My first hatch is next Monday or Tuesday, the second a week later. All the little critters in the early group are nice and spunky, moving all over the place when I put the light on them.

edited to add: the temps and humidity have only fluctuated when I've opened it and messed around

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom