Hova-Bator vs. Little Giant Incubator

Hova-Bator -OR- Little Giant Incubator?

• Hova-Bator

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Little Giant

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
The only thing is .. the Hova-Bator is $200.00 and the Little Giant is only $40.00 -
hmm.png
I have $59.00 right now ... I kind of wanted a new bator before next spring?

Think of it this way, you save money on a cheap bator. Then order hatching eggs in the spring and get a crappy hatch rate, if you get any chicks at all. In the end you loose money anyways.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

The only thing is .. the Hova-Bator is $200.00 and the Little Giant is only $40.00 -
hmm.png
I have $59.00 right now ... I kind of wanted a new bator before next spring?

See thats what Im talking about. Both make a $50 models that is going to work but not well. The both have better models going up to about $150. If you compare them equally then they come up about the same. Past the $150 mark the parts get better. LG does not compete in in this range but other makers come in at that price range. HB does make good incubators in the higher price ranges but there are several good competitive incubators that could be debatably better.

Comparing a $50 LG to a $200 HB is just like comparing it to a $2K industry incubator. Its a loaded comparison. When you compare $50 model to $50 model they come out about the same.​

I just got a lg (again) against my better judgement because I was desparate to hatch some eggs..( threw my last 2 out the window LITERALLY!) things were going well for the first 3 days then I woke up this morning to a temp spike of 104! I hope I caught it in time! This is the main problem with them. They like to have temp spikes when they feel like it. I guess you get what you pay for though. I will be getting a brinsea or a sportsman cabnet incubator in february!
wink.png

Last edited:
i have a lg. got it used from a friend for $10 it was still air untill i put a pc fan in it, it also has the auto. egg turner in it, once i get it set it might very 1 degree, but most of the time it stays on 100 & i used a dig. extech thermometer & they are pretty sensitive, never a high temp. spike, that i know of, so i cant complain about the lg, dont know about the hb.

I have voted for the Hova, having owned an LG. I agree with those above...in the same price range, they are about the same, yet others have claimed much better results in the Hova. Personally, I wasted enough money on the LG, auto turner, and two sets of shipped eggs to say "forget it" and went with a Brinsea.

Comparing a $200 version of the Hova to the LG isn't fair. To make the LG equivalent, you'd need to spend about as much outfitting it with all of the same parts and pieces. AND for $200, I'd rather not come out with a styrofoam anything! lol

The LGs can probably be great incubators...IF you add plenty of things to it to improve its function and stay at home in front of it all day everyday to make the necessary adjustments when the thing gets a mind of it's own. After my experiences, I think I would have been better off with a bowl of water, a light bulb, and the draftiest room in the history of mankind.

The only thing is .. the Hova-Bator is $200.00 and the Little Giant is only $40.00 - I have $59.00 right now ... I kind of wanted a new bator before next spring?

What type of hova-bator is 200? I sell them all the time for way less..​

Back
Top Bottom