Hova-Bator - Which one

jaj121159

Songster
11 Years
May 27, 2010
Northeast Nebraska
I'm looking at getting my first incubator and I'm pretty sure I want a Hova-Bator. I'm looking at a #2362N Hova-Bator which uses a wafer thermostat or a #1588 with an electronic thermostat. I would get a turner and fan with either. I'm not sure if there is a capacity difference. The only other difference that I see is the 2362N has two small windows and the 1588 has one large window. Basically my question is what is the difference in performance between a wafer thermostat and an electronic thermostat? Which one do you recommend? Any suggested vendors?

I *HIGHLY* recommend the 1588!

With my own eggs I have always had 98% - 100% hatch rate.

If you get the 1588, you will not be disappointed.

I did my research before buying and that is the best Hovabator by far.

Go ahead and search all the 'bator threads on this forum to be informed of the particular differences between the hovabators.

Good luck with your hatches!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I just got the 1588 a few days ago. My old bator is a wafer without a fan and its temp has been all over the place. The new one is awesome-set it and that's it, no adjustments. I'm going to incubate in it and hatch in the other. I don't think you will regret getting the electronic, its so nice knowing it is set correctly and not having to adjust, wait, and repeat.

I have a Hova-Bator - works great! I experimented with it using 8 eggs and 6 hatched, and it was my first time incubating ever. Mine has the wafer style thermostat, just need to get it calibrated one time and I don't touch it again. I have 24 eggs in the bator right now that are due between now and tomorrow. Just saw that one of the eggs is being pipped right now!

I bought the 1588 (with fan and turner) about a month ago. I have my very first batch of eggs in it right now (ten days today). So far 10 of 14 eggs are developing nicely, 3 are too dark to tell and the last looks clear to me.

This is all thanks to the incubator, I am very much new to hatching. I would recommend it.

Deb

Back
Top Bottom