1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hova humidity question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LoneCowboy, Dec 29, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I have the hova 1588 bator with the turner. How the heck are you suppost to get water into it? This looks like a nightmare. I figured you veterans have it all figured out so I should ask before I drive myself crazy.

TIA

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Use a meat injector syringe with plastic tubing taped to it and thread the tubing or straw through one of the vent plug holes then through openings in the turner and into the water tray. I do it all the time. Take the plastic water tray, turn it upside down and color with a magic marker the water troughs, then put it back in. Makes it easier to see them. Later, you'll just know where they are out of habit.

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I just lift the lid it's fine and the temps don't drop at all for the couple seconds it's open.
    I colored the bottom of the tray and measured how much water each section holds.

[​IMG]

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    See, I knew you guys would know. Coloring the bottoms is a fantastic idea. I can't see those things for nothing. Thanks.

Ok, eggs, I'm ready for ya! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by