hovabator 1602n

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dreamer5577, Mar 1, 2012.

1. dreamer5577

dreamer5577 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I know there are tons of hovabator threads on here so sorry for creating a new one.

I recieved my hovabator in the mail! So excited. Its just the bator. No fan, no turner, nothing else. I also had a small computer fan come in and it just totally fried. I hate to buy another one and have that fry too. Perhaps I'll just end up buying that 30 dollar one specifically for the bator. i don't know! While I decide though, I hate for my eggs to go bad though. They'll hit the 7 day keeping mark before I can get another fan. And I've read that not having the fan lowers the chance for a successful hatch.

My question is.. is there anyone out there who uses this hovabator without the fan?! Do you have any tips or tricks? Thank you!

2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Last year I got a new thermometer and stuck it in the whole at the top of the bator. I didn't realized I had blocked the fan for about two weeks! I had about and 80% hatch anyway. Hope you work it out to get one soon. Hatching is soooo stressful anything you can do to alleviate the stress is helpful.

3. jenanneray

jenanneray Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Franklinton, NC
    I have this bator and I think its fine.normally hatch out 80% +. Keep in mind still-air needs a slightly higher temp than a forced air. I believe its 101° at the top of the eggs.... someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by