Hovabator Genesis 1588 Question

Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 26, 2007
Fair Oaks, California
i seemed to have lost the power cord to my Genesis 1588 when we moved. i found one that fits and wondering if it's the right one (before i plug it in and short out our electricity). If someone has one of these incubators, could you look on the power cord and see what it says? Here is what mine says:

Class 2 Transformer
Model No: SAD-1
Input: 120VAC 60HZ 20W
Output: 12VDC 1000mA

i found some other adaptors that were Class 2 - 120volt to 12DC, but they had other numbers after the output, rather than the 1000. Just want to make sure i have the right cord. i'm a bit terrified of electricity.

i appreciate the time anyone might take to look up this information on their model.

Colleen

Last edited by a moderator:
The one for mine is a 12v - 3000 mA. A 1000 mA will not be large enough. Keep looking.
hmm.png

this what mine say's input ac100-240v
output 12v=3000ma model swa36-12-0-3000
i hope this help

Thank you, i wasn't sure what the 1000 number meant. Also, i thought i recall the transformer was not just a straight adaptor into the wall with a cord into the incubator. i thought it had a power cord into the wall which connected to the transformer, and then the cord came out the other end of that into the incubator. Am i making sense? Is that what you two have?

Quote:
Yes, the cord from both transformer to the wall plug and cord to the bator are removable. It is possible that the one you are looking for may be different. The only thing that really matters is the output voltage and ampree rating. You are looking for one that has 12v DC, 3000 mA listed for an output number.

The one that came with the 1588 has a swoosh-like thing on the front -- it looks like a large spoon. It also has a green light that comes on when it's plugged in. You can order one from GQF if necessary, they're about $16 (as soon as you get it you'll be sure to find the original).
wink.png

Okay, i found the part of the power supply that converts it to 12 volt 3amp (3 amp = 3,000ma, right?). Then went to Radio Shack to get the other part of the cord that plugs into the wall. But the fan is not coming on. They guys at Radio Shack tested to make sure current is coming all the way through, so the problem must be with my incubator.

Shoot! i only used it once last year. Not sure if anyone has any suggestions as to what i can check on the fan or electrical input deedly-bob. Nothing looks broken or out of place. i'm so sad. i have eggs i just set in my regular still air hova bator, but i really wanted to use this new one.
sad.png

Quote:
Can you reach in with maybe a tooth pick, or something similar and turn the fan manualy? If, it has been sitting for some time, it is possible that corrosion, or dirt may be causing it to stick.

Back
Top Bottom