Hovabator Genesis Hatch, Feb-May! WITH CONTESTS!

I also purchased some from sgtmom52 and I go into lockdown on Monday. I can't wait, so far all eggs are good too.
Congrats sgtmom52!!!!!!!

Quote:
No problem ~ the stacked eggs all hatched (I marked them with an X) the one I am still waiting on was in the turned.

All of these eggs were from my own chickens which helps for the high hatch rate. I also sold 24 Ameraucana eggs to another BYC member who drove 2 hours each way to pick them up instead of having them shipped and she had 23 out of 24 hatch!

Quote:
No problem ~ the stacked eggs all hatched (I marked them with an X) the one I am still waiting on was in the turned.

All of these eggs were from my own chickens which helps for the high hatch rate. I also sold 24 Ameraucana eggs to another BYC member who drove 2 hours each way to pick them up instead of having them shipped and she had 23 out of 24 hatch!

Thanks Tammy!

I can't wait to hear how your hatch goes. I am waiting for some FBCM eggs to get here in the next couple of days then I am filling up the bator again!
hide.gif

I had a great hatch of 47 out of 48 on 3/20 & 3/21. This morning I refilled my bator with these FBCMs I just bought, along with more Ameraucanas, EEs and frizzled Bantam Cochins. I expect these to hatch on or about 4/16. My last hatch started more than a full day early.

P1130081.jpg

For this week's hatch, I ended up with 1 LF Faverolles, 1 LF Ameraucana, 2 EEs, and 5 bantam Faverolles.
smile.png
More going into lockdown Sunday night.

Alas, I have two hova 1588's in the mail.
celebrate.gif
One I paid for, one I got for free- It was payed by some folks who I'm hatching and raising chicks to 4 weeks old for.

I can't wait! I'll be setting 100 eggs- 50 stuffed in each, and hand turning one bator (block method). After this is done, than I'll set eggs for myself! That should be Wheaten Marans, assorted Silkies, BBS and project Lav Ameraucanas, English Imported Orps, and BR's. I won't be keeping many, the plan is to keep...

-4 Orps
-2 Wheaten Marans
-2 assorted Silkies
-3 BBS Ameraucanas (either one blue, one black, one splash or 2 blues and a splash)
-2 Lav Ameraucanas
-4 English Imported Orps (2 lavs, 2 blues)
-4 BR's

Uhh... That should be enough.
lol.png

This means I'll have to re-home some of my current flock. That will be a White Rock and a EE, probably.

Last edited:
Quote:
Sounds like alot of work to raise that many chicks for a month for someone else. I would definitely require a substantial amount for that alone.

I see you plan to have Imported English Orps. Lavender? Where or where did you find Lavender imports?

Quote:
Sounds like alot of work to raise that many chicks for a month for someone else. I would definitely require a substantial amount for that alone.

I see you plan to have Imported English Orps. Lavender? Where or where did you find Lavender imports?

I'm getting paid $250 for raising the chicks. Really, I don't know if I want Orps. I might not have room. The Lavs are from bargain. I asked her and she said that the males were 100% English import, and the hens had some in them. Kind of confusing.

Kathy, why don't you join the hatch? Don't you use hovabators?

Last edited:
Quote:

I'm getting paid $250 for raising the chicks. Really, I don't know if I want Orps. I might not have room. The Lavs are from bargain. I asked her and she said that the males were 100% English import, and the hens had some in them. Kind of confusing.

Really? Hmmmm, there are only 2 people that I know that have 100% Imported English Orps, and as far as I know, they have not yet sold any 100% birds. Hmmmmm......

Back
Top Bottom