Hovabator Help

nearmagic

Hatching
Mar 7, 2016

I got this incubator yesterday. Its really old. And I am not sure how to work it. We added a computer fan on the inside, and can't get the temp below 100 when the fan is on...is the fan a problem? Or am I just using the temperature knob wrong? Any help is appreciated

welcome-byc.gif

You may want to replace the wafer thermostat if you haven't already. Wafer thermostats go bad. You can get a new thermostat online at Randall Burkey, or Strombergs for around $11. You can also replace it with an electronic thermostat.
As a note, I usually hatch at 100 degrees.

I have eggs that need to go in within 24 hours, not not much time to get something ordered! With the fan I was wanting to get it to 99.5, but if I stop the fan it will stay at 100.

It's very likely that your fan is too high a wattage. Idealy it needs to be a 5w fan, and anything over 10w is going to build excessive heat and drive your temp up especially as the ambient temprature of the room it's in increases as spring gets here

Gotcha...that makes a lot of sense. The fan is 12 volt (hooked up to a 9 volt cord haha).
I didn't know that wafer thermostats needed to be replaced sometimes!
Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom