Hovabator Humitidy

Ok makes sense! They have been in egg turner so will probably do an egg carton. My humidity has been stable from 43-50% tops. I am happy with that. Air cells actually look rather large after candlind last night compared to the 'charts' you find online. I am excited! But will try try again if i fail. ;) they sure are kicking around in there! So very cool. Thanks again for your help!

well see that's even different than all I've been told...some say not more than 65 at hatch others say lower...ducks like 80 or more I guess!! I don't want anymore tragedy's for a while I'm going to go by the incubators factory settings I pray close is enough...surprising a hen doesn't concern themselves so much!!! I had a guinea egg I opened for my chickens and it had an embryo in it just from our warm humid weather!! I think I'm trying too hard lol

How high you want the humidity at hatch depends a lot on how high the humidity was during incubation.

So.....if you had higher humidity during incubation, then you are correct, 65%RH at hatch would be the absolute maximum you would want.

I just really liked all of the information I read about doing a "dry incubation" where the humidity is super low during the first 18 days, then crank it up at hatch. It just happened that at my house, 40% RH is as low as it gets.

Anyway, it IS SUPER confusing because so many people do tend to follow so many completely different humidity rules.

well see that's even different than all I've been told...some say not more than 65 at hatch others say lower...ducks like 80 or more I guess!! I don't want anymore tragedy's for a while I'm going to go by the incubators factory settings I pray close is enough...surprising a hen doesn't concern themselves so much!!! I had a guinea egg I opened for my chickens and it had an embryo in it just from our warm humid weather!! I think I'm trying too hard lol

I hear ya! I have a few under my pullets as well and Hubby keeps saying... She's not freaking out about the hygrometer!!!!

50% hatch rate on my first hatch. Not too shabby. 48-50% humidity for 18 days then 65-70% for lockdown. Lovin these babies!!!!

That is great it worked out for you. I am a dry hatch convert. I went by a book and had 55% humidity for the first 18 days and the hatch rate was bad and we lost chicks to mushy chick due to high humidity. Now I go dry so long as it is 20% or more, right now it is 25% at day 14. My last dry hatch was22% and day 18 went to 65%.. I had like a 75% hatch rate.

I have had humidity problems with my bator too, except I live in nevada and can't keep it high enough. I think I would really like to try a dry hatch next time and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom