How about a Thread for Embdens?

Dora is a MOMMY! She is our almost one year old (birthday May 2nd) goose.
celebrate.gif

Congratulations and I'll bet you're so pleased
thumbsup.gif

Pete
wink.png

Hello,
I am looking to get into this wonderful goose breed. I am looking for some exhibition birds. Does anyone have any recommendations on where would be a good person, breeder, or farm to go to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks. I was already looking there and think that is the route I will go. I am going to buy 4 goslings. Trying to decide if I'm going to get 4 straight run or 2 pairs. Any suggestions? Do ganders live together well or would they need to be separated? I know very little about this breed other than they are gorgeous and they really speak to me. I am going to read this thread, but any info, tips, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks. I was already looking there and think that is the route I will go. I am going to buy 4 goslings. Trying to decide if I'm going to get 4 straight run or 2 pairs. Any suggestions? Do ganders live together well or would they need to be separated? I know very little about this breed other than they are gorgeous and they really speak to me. I am going to read this thread, but any info, tips, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
If free ranging and not breeding season ganders can live okay together, but it won't work during breeding season. Ganders will fight, 2 pairs would have to be separated into breeding pens. Once breeding season is over everyone can be together again.

Back
Top Bottom