How about a Thread for Embdens?

So I have 7 goslings in my bathtub.
smile.png
They are about 2 weeks old and moved out of their plastic tub brooder. Four males and three females. They are getting unmedicated turkey/game bird starter crumbles. I see in the comments above that they need extra niacin? What should I get and how do I feed it to them?

There are 6 more eggs in lockdown and two more batches of 9 and 4 in the other incubator. I let Lucy keep anything else she laid in her doghouse. They probably won't hatch because we had a couple of days of freezing weather and she was off the nest most of the day. I always think I won't get a good hatch rate and then get surprised when so many do make it.

When the sun was out and the wind died down I took one of the babies out to meet Buster and Lucy. Lucy was not very friendly to him. She hissed and nipped at him a bit, but didn't really try to hurt him, then ran away from him. Buster was so eager to be a daddy he ran right over and nuzzled baby and talked to him. Got the little one to follow him all the way down the hill and in back of the house to their safe place, the enclosed pen and shelter they spend the night in. Poor baby was so confused I picked him up and he cuddled right down and stopped crying. Buster was such a good boy for a goose that started out as unsocialized. He hissed and looked worried but didn't try to attack me. I figure when they are big enough to stay outside he will show them how to be geese.

So anyway, I would appreciate it if someone would advise on the niacin because I want them to be healthy and grow like they should.

Hi there, our goslings are now 10 days old, thank you for all your help!.. We have 1 goose sitting on Day 30. I candled her eggs today, they are all non-viable. I've taken the eggs and nest away and lock her in an enclosure with the 2 goslings. Do you think the goslings would take her as mom? THey have been following me for the past 5 days. Also, can someone help me interpret the following video? I cant decipher if the 2 ganders were being protective or aggressive. That was their first meeting 5 days ago, I've been bringing them out everyday since and it's still the same. It look as if the gander is trying to steer the goose away from the goslings.

Hi there, our goslings are now 10 days old, thank you for all your help!.. We have 1 goose sitting on Day 30. I candled her eggs today, they are all non-viable. I've taken the eggs and nest away and lock her in an enclosure with the 2 goslings. Do you think the goslings would take her as mom? THey have been following me for the past 5 days. Also, can someone help me interpret the following video? I cant decipher if the 2 ganders were being protective or aggressive. That was their first meeting 5 days ago, I've been bringing them out everyday since and it's still the same. It look as if the gander is trying to steer the goose away from the goslings.
They will take to her, but is she taking care of them? Definitely keep them away from that gander before he kills them.

Why aren't my geese laying? It's been about a month or two since their molt and not one egg in sight yet... Why is this? I WANT GOSLINGS!

Back
Top Bottom