How best to catch a chicken.

Newtoniamommy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
So, I had the oddest conversation. I had to call a neighbor and profusely and profoundly apologize for... my chickens eating his worms, yep they decided the worms were fatter on the other side and promptly flew over(who knew anyone so fat could fly that high??? *cornish hens*) whoops. Very weird, he was either A. sleeping or B. high when I called, in todays world I am never sure which (big sigh for all of mankind) I had to run around my front yard calling DORA THE EXPLORER- WORMS loudly while trying to grab one or the other but there were so many worms out there that they paid me no mind. Did I mention I am not even allowed to HAVE chickens and none of my neighbors knew about them??? They sure do now, about 6 people came outside to stare at me. So, finally, I went and grabbed some green and yellow gummy worms(the kind that sit forever because no one likes them) and dangled them, no go. Grrr. So next I grabbed a loaf of bread, still nothing, I went and got a manicotti noodle(the big 6 " ones) and par boiled it in the microwave and dangled it like a worm and was practically ran over by two. I shut them in my house where they promptly took their noodle and jumped on my (COUCH GRRR) and played keep away and I went after the other one who was very concerned with her sisters apparent suicides. I finally grabbed an egg and set it on the ground and began fussing with it, she came running and began pecking and I grabbed her and said ah hah! at which point I was promptly covered in poo for startling her. they now live in my garage. end of story... Just thought someone might be blue and enjoy the thought of me making an utter fool of myself, good thing I am moving in 3 weeks...

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Thanks for the giggle, at your expense!
hugs.gif

Dawn

I am thinking the net on a round pole thing would work perfect, those chickens dont mind as well as I thought lol(it did just rain here though in their defense)

Back
Top Bottom