How big is your flock

Who has a big flock

I have what I think is a big flock...30 large fowl layers ..Black Sex link, Australorp, Wyandotte and Cochin/Wyandotte cross.
plus the breeding pens...7 Cochin, 12 Columbian Wyandotte, 3 Buckeye, 4 Birchen Wyandotte, 3 biddies with chicks, a juvenile pen with 25 over 5 months and about 20 less than 5 months that run with the layers., and a mix of

and the Bantams:
15 Delaware, 7 Blue and Black Rosecomb, 4 Brown Red Rosecomb, 8 d'Anver, 2 Spangled Old English, 2 Buff Columbian OEGB under a Ginger Red d'Anver. plus a pen with 2 biddie Bantams with 6 chicks and a juvenile pen containing 15 kept offspring from the Bantam pens....

then there are a few LF chicks in the brooder along with the teeny tiny quail..... but that is another flock.

Currently the egg count per day is 15 to 24 because some of the layers have gone broody.
The feed bill runs about $400 a month right now but will go down soon since I'm selling some of the juveniles to local folks.

YESHHHHH when im older i wanna have room for:

-HUGE run for silkies only
-room for AT LEAST a shetland pony
-a BIGGER run for other types of bantam hens and possibly an ex-battery hen x3
D.gif

-and some kind of shed divided into 4 parts with an isle and connected runs ( to each individual "room" ) for upto 4 roosters!
yesss.gif

and MAYBE room in the house for a breeding/incubation room xD daddy knows EXACTLY what he wants XD
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom