1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How big of a run do I need????????

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by okie16, Mar 12, 2008.

1. okie16

okie16 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2008
    Central Oklahoma
    We have 6 bantams, 4 EEs, 3 Big orange chicks( not for sure what they are) and 2 Black East Indies ducks(I think).

I'm thinking about a 12x20 run with a 5x12 coop.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. CUDA

CUDA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    My advice is to build it as big as space, and money allows! I like my fowl to have room to move around, and it you will appreciate the bigger pen down the road! Sounds like your on the right track. [​IMG]

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Sounds like a good coop size...and run. Usually for full size chickens 4 sq ft inside...10 sq ft out. and got bantys. half that will do. For ducks...just remember, they NEED water deep enough to put thier heads under water...to clear the nostrils....and they WILL be messy! [​IMG]

4. Presto

Presto Out Of The Brooder

I think I should build a bigger coop....I'm converting an old shed built on the back of our garage into the coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by