How breeding/genes work depending on males vs females (ducks)

Corbdee

Duckies!
Aug 1, 2020
Middle of somewhere
Heres something I've always been too afraid to research because I have no idea where to start. So bare with me as I start from the beginning...
If I have say a male pekin and a female cayuga mating, (just an example) what would the breed look like?
Who's colors would be more dominant depending on who is the male and who is the female?

Now say I have a male crested pekin and a female mallard mating (which I do have). First of all I believe that no dangers will arise neurologically in the offspring because only one is crested, correct? But what is affected depending on who is male and who is female? Does it matter? Is there a chance of a crest in offspring still or are they free from any neurological problems?

Heres something I've always been too afraid to research because I have no idea where to start. So bare with me as I start from the beginning...
If I have say a male pekin and a female cayuga mating, (just an example) what would the breed look like?
Who's colors would be more dominant depending on who is the male and who is the female?
This is a simple version, male and female will look the same.
DuclairDr.JPEG

Now say I have a male crested pekin and a female mallard mating (which I do have). First of all I believe that no dangers will arise neurologically in the offspring because only one is crested, correct? But what is affected depending on who is male and who is female? Does it matter? Is there a chance of a crest in offspring still or are they free from any neurological problems?
Males and females will be mallard colored in the first generation and may or may not have a crest.

Back
Top Bottom