how can i get my dog to eat his food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no about 2 different brands a year and with in the 6 month of each brand i will change the flavour once, and i didnt change it like that for the fun of it, it was because some he hated and some were bad brands and others gave him the runs.

Then, I would SLOWLY introduce the food. Very slowly as his tummy is probably going to already be upset from the frequent changes.

Seriously, no more table scraps. He'll learn to eat his dog food. If you want to treat him, use dog treats and sparingly.

Quote:
I don't get it. If a dog food works and he does not throw up, why change it? The dog does not care if he eats the same food all the time. If you want to keep changing his food, don't expect his health to improve. But please...don't keep coming here every few months complaining that your dog is sick again. We have all explained what is best for your dog, just like we did a few months ago. Its your
choice if you listen or not.

ok and what do you mean by really slowly? i was planning on doing 3 quaters old food to 1 quater new then half to half then and then doing 3 quaters new to 1 quater old

Quote:
John, if your dog food is high quality food, you should not be changing the food. It will mess with the dog's
digestive system. When a dog is on a food, then switched, his tummy is going to be messed up. If you want
something to change up, start raw feeding. The dog himself has no 'preference' of whether you rotate or not,
so don't think he does.

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't get it. If a dog food works and he does not throw up, why change it? The dog does not care if he eats the same food all the time. If you want to keep changing his food, don't expect his health to improve. But please...don't keep coming here every few months complaining that your dog is sick again. We have all explained what is best for your dog, just like we did a few months ago. Its your
choice if you listen or not.

Ermm ive complained twice about the same thing, which was caused by ONE food, you can never be too sure about what you are doing and i thaught this website was about getting info off other guess i was wrong.

carolina, there needs to be a BYC "like" button.

Johnn, if you would read and do some homework on the nutritional info and dietary requirements of your dog, instead of relying on others to know it for you, you would be much more confident in your food choices. When the dog shows issues while eating one dog food for longer than a few months at a time, then I would consult your vet and see what can be done.

But, by refusing to read the advice and opinions given, you are pretty much stating that our information does not matter and you have made your decisions and really don't need the information we are trying to give you.

Last edited:
Quote:
John, if your dog food is high quality food, you should not be changing the food. It will mess with the dog's
digestive system. When a dog is on a food, then switched, his tummy is going to be messed up. If you want
something to change up, start raw feeding. The dog himself has no 'preference' of whether you rotate or not,
so don't think he does.

the food he is on now is not high quality thats why i want to change.

How do i close this topic? i odnt want it any more im sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom