How can i get my rooster and hens to be friends?

Apr 20, 2020
Hi everyone. I have a little issue. I have a 3 month old rooster, and 2, 10 month old hens. The problem is that they never become friends. My rooster will start attacking my hens, and my hens would start attacking the rooster. I also have 3 month old little pullets that came with the rooster. The 2 hens hate when they see the little chickens for some odd reason, that I am not sure of. My hens and the pullets+rooster just never get along. Does anybody know how I can get my chickens to be friends, and get along well? Thank you. :)

hysop

Hammy Cute as a Button
Premium Feather Member
Sep 16, 2019
SW Georgia
How did you introduce them?

It is recommended to put the new chickens within eye sight but not be able to touch for a few days to get familiar with them. Then integrate them at night.

How long has this been going on?

Apr 20, 2020
How did you introduce them?

It is recommended to put the new chickens within eye sight but not be able to touch for a few days to get familiar with them. Then integrate them at night.

How long has this been going on?

When I got my little chickens then they were in my house for a month. I always use to take them out in my yard for a bit when its a nice weather. That's how they met. I don't keep them together at night because I know that it wouldn't go so well. This has been going on since day one when my little chickens have arrived, my hens were not happy with the little.[/QUOTE]

hysop

Hammy Cute as a Button
Premium Feather Member
Sep 16, 2019
SW Georgia
When I got my little chickens then they were in my house for a month. I always use to take them out in my yard for a bit when its a nice weather. That's how they met. I don't keep them together at night because I know that it wouldn't go so well. This has been going on since day one when my little chickens have arrived, my hens were not happy with the little.

Put then in a small pen side by side for a few days and see how they react. Once the chicks are 8 wks and older you can integrate them but I personally like waiting til they’re older.

Apr 20, 2020
Put then in a small pen side by side for a few days and see how they react. Once the chicks are 8 wks and older you can integrate them but I personally like waiting til they’re older.
yeah I want them to be put together when they are almost the same size, but my husband wants to make a nice big fence in the very back of our yard so they can both stay in there during the day.

Top Bottom