how can i have multible rooters at once?

:welcome :frow I hatch out a few hundred chicks every year of which around half will be males. I keep the best as future breeders and sell the rest which helps to offset the price of the feed. I'm taking several young males to sell on Saturday. When they start bothering the females I move them into bachelor coops and pens. No issues. Good luck...
These are some of my Rhode Island Red males.
2014-11-11 09.59.28.jpg

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
roosters start fighting it continues until dominance is established.
Or until one of them is dead.
I had two LF roosters that got along okay until they didn't. They weren't going to stop fighting and I wasn't willing to nurse bloody roosters back to health.
I do have 2 roosters now and a cockerel growing up in the flock. The 2 roosters are a Salmon Faverolles and a Sebright. The the little guy is too fast for the big guy to catch and too small to hurt the big guy. The cockerel will fall in between their sizes. I'll have to see how it all works out. There are 24 hens in the flock.

i have 3 roosters, and today i woke up to see one of my roosters with a bloody face and i think that the cause is probably fighting. so how can i keep multible roosters at once?

Separate pens, so no pen has more than one rooster, will work to keep the roosters from fighting.

If you cannot do that:
More space might help (so they can choose to stay apart from each other.)
More hens might help (plenty of hens for everyone.)
Or no hens at all might help (no reason to fight, because no hens to fight over.)

But separate pens works in more cases than any of my other ideas.

Back
Top Bottom