How can i help my boy

Hello everyone
One of my boys not looking too good and I can't figure out what exactly the problem could be, he's very lean with little to no pale comb and wattle
He is an Isa brown around 5months old, he eats fine..poo's fine and even mounts the girls occasionally though he's the lowest ranking male out of my 5 boys they all get along with little bullying so bullying is not the case
I looked at possible problems like parasites, deworming and even antibiotics but he still remains the same so I have come to listen to advise from experienced chicken parents

Please help my boy
Lean looking young mixed breed bird.

If eating/drinking and active, then I'd wouldn't worry too much.

The white bird I mean
And he's roo an Isa brown
He mates the hens and have saddle feathers
I feed them all a mixture of grower and layer feed
I see saddle feathers, but no male saddle feathers. A cockerel would have a much bigger and redder comb than a pullet at that age, like the cockerel standing next to her in the second picture. And I do not think they are Isa Browns due to color. Male sex links are mostly white with some having red leakage. Your obvious cockerel is red. Females are red with white tipped wings and tails. Yours is white with leakage. It's possible that one or both of the parents were Isa Browns, but they look like mixes.

Gender aside, your chickens appears healthy.

Attachments

• IMG_20231216_173112_365.jpg
    IMG_20231216_173112_365.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 9
I see saddle feathers, but no male saddle feathers. A cockerel would have a much bigger and redder comb than a pullet at that age, like the cockerel standing next to her in the second picture. And I do not think they are Isa Browns due to color. Male sex links are mostly white with some having red leakage. Your obvious cockerel is red. Females are red with white tipped wings and tails. Yours is white with leakage. It's possible that one or both of the parents were Isa Browns, but they look like mixes.

Gender aside, your chickens appears healthy.
I did take him to the vet today and explained, she said since he's doing everything okay that she doesn't see anything other than him being malnourished so she sent him home with vitamin supplements and dewormer for the entire flock

Back
Top Bottom