How can I help my poorly duckling eat and drink

Jsticks

Hatching
Jul 29, 2021
Hi
I have a 3 week old Indian runner duckling. She has been living with older ducks and today seems very quiet, off her food and floppy. I am worried she has been bashed by an older duck. We have taken her inside but she is not eating or drinking. We have bought another duckling in with her who is very noisy. Not sure if this is a good idea. Very new to keeping ducks and feeling very worried. Any help or advice would be wonderful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 1
What food are they eating? If you are giving them chick starter you most likely need to add niacin . Others can give details but brewers or natural yeast are a good way to add it. I use Purina flock raiser and free ranging to get my ducklings enough. Just curious was this duckling with its mom until you brought it in?

What food are they eating? If you are giving them chick starter you most likely need to add niacin . Others can give details but brewers or natural yeast are a good way to add it. I use Purina flock raiser and free ranging to get my ducklings enough. Just curious was this duckling with its mom until you brought it in?
Ok thanks. Will do this

She wasn’t raised close to mum, but by incubator and heat lamp

Back
Top Bottom