How can I make my young cockrel grow as large and strong as possible?

RoosterHuggerLiz

Songster
Dec 27, 2020
I have a young Hampshire red cockrel that I want to grow to the biggest he possibly can, what can I do to help him reach his full potential? He's about 6 weeks old, already crowing, and already twice the size of all of his siblings (I take him out every to eat a protein boost once a day: egg yoke or cockroaches)

I used Purina start and grow up to about 18 wks, then switched to Purina Flock raiser and had great results. I give occasional snacks for the whole flock.. veggies and fruit. Some scrambled eggs too to make them love me🙂 Meet Zeus & Wilburt...they are big, healthy boys.
20211222_171246.jpg
20211222_170633.jpg

I have a young Hampshire red cockrel that I want to grow to the biggest he possibly can, what can I do to help him reach his full potential? He's about 6 weeks old, already crowing, and already twice the size of all of his siblings (I take him out every to eat a protein boost once a day: egg yoke or cockroaches)
my best advice is hold off on the gravy bath and jacuzzi :thumbsup

My opinion with any animal is to feed them appropriately for their species and not try for fast or extra growth. Trying to get them as big as possible often just leads to issues of one sort or another. The right genetics is what is going to make a large animal, over feeding will get you a fat one.

Back
Top Bottom