How can I 'prettify' my coop?

Candimom

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 30, 2011
Well, its almost finished! We need a cover for the run, and then it will be functional. But, I really want it to be pretty. lol Any ideas on how to make it nicer? Some of you just have some darling coops! I was thinking trim and paint, but not sure what else would be good. TIA!

A small weather vane with a rooster
wink.png

Is that extra wire or your actual pen? If it's the pen I would make it more solid, also some paint, roofing and a few little flower boxes would be pretty, some flower pots around the bottom. When the grass is all done under it ( it will go fast lol) put sand down there . Very cute coop ! Just needs some basic work, shingles, and paint.

Instead of using asphalt shingles you could use cedar shingles(pretty easy to install and very pretty!), then paint the walls and put some wood trims around the corners and doors (like plain 1X3 put on with nails, cause with screws they might crack), then find a nice little deco to hang on it or paint a little stencil of whatever, a star, a chicken shadow, whatever you feel like! Just my thoughts :)

Put some shingles 1 sleeve and 8 ridge caps roofing material. Get a little flag for the top or weather vain for the roof. Prime all the plain wood with a primer. Then paint it. Put some chicken safe plants a little wooden window planter put flowers. There you go

Last edited:
Lookin' good! Paint will make a huge difference without spending too much. There's paint with primer already in it. We used it on our coop (not done yet, but will post as soon as it is). Two coats and done.

Back
Top Bottom