How can I recreate a longcrower?

ninjascrub69

Songster
9 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Bloomingdale, MI
I can hardly ever find longcrower hatching eggs for sale, and when i do i either dont have the money or i dont have a broody, so i want to breed my own. Can this be done? If so, what breeds should i start out with?

There's a breeder of Denizli longcrowers in the US, you know. Honestly if you really want them, I'd say wait it out. Do some research, ask plenty, make sure you save up some money and get an incubator if you don't have one, do what it takes!

- Because otherwise, it would take quite a long time and a huge population to breed for a longcrower from scratch. I've got a Wheaten Marans cockerel who crows for a good 5 seconds, but naturally his breed has a normal crow, so. . . Again, it would take just looking around for a longer crowing rooster, breed him to a hen from the same stock as another rooster who crows long, and so on. It would take forever.

Why would you want a long crower?
idunno.gif
Just curious?

Quote:
Because some people love roosters, especially ones that make a neat sounding crow. To me its not just the length, its the pitch and the general sound of it. Some of those longcrowers are really unique!

I had a stag that was part long crower. I loved hearing his crow. Very unique and different from the other birds I have. I still have his sister, so I may be able to get another if I cross back to her enough.

Quote:
For the Crow. Love that long type of crow.

Here is a U-Tube link to a Koeyoshi Longcrower.

Here is another link to a Koeyoshi Longcrower, about 20 seconds into the clip that is a Koeyoshi Longcrower crowing...

Chris

I don't know about long crower but I have 2 ameraucanas who are long howlers lol. They started taking after our black lab dog when the train comes by and blows the whistle, they start out at a crow and turn into a howl and they all howl together.

Back
Top Bottom