How did she manage this?! (Baby guinea pigs)

One of my guinea pigs (Kajima) had a litter last night of 4 little guinea pigs, okay thats fine, BUT she had a litter 9 weeks ago (4 of July) I am pretty sure the father was removed before she gave birth, the only males she has been near since then was her son who was removed at 4 weeks old (which is when they are supposed to be removed), guinea pigs gestation is 59-72 days. How has she managed to give birth again?!
@Zoohtasim
View attachment 2825298
Pig 1 body is just plain orange
View attachment 2825299
Pig2
View attachment 2825300View attachment 2825301
Pig3
View attachment 2825302View attachment 2825303
Pig4 love this ones white trousers
View attachment 2825304View attachment 2825305
Any chance one of the sons could have fertilized her?
Has she been around ANY other males?

Any chance one of the sons could have fertilized her?
Has she been around ANY other males?
Nope because that wouldn’t have been long enough between her son being old enough and her giving birth. No other males her cage is by its self. Only explanation that makes sense is that I didn’t remove the father when I thought I did, I will be a lot more carful now to remove the father before the mother gives birth!

pig 4 unfortunately passed away on Thursday he had a lot going wrong with him, the others are doing well, Kajima started feeding them after only about 3 days instead of a week like she did last time :rolleyes:. They all are boys:th:he I wanted another female.
I will try and get some more pictures of them

@Zoohtasim in cause you want to hear about piggy updates

pig 4 unfortunately passed away on Thursday he had a lot going wrong with him, the others are doing well, Kajima started feeding them after only about 3 days instead of a week like she did last time :rolleyes:. They all are boys:th:he I wanted another female.
I will try and get some more pictures of them

@Zoohtasim in cause you want to hear about piggy updates
Poor you! 'Getting nothing but males' days are really bad!!:(

Poor you! 'Getting nothing but males' days are really bad!!:(
I have ended up with a small problem. I don’t want to breed Kajima again, my only other female is her daughter who is the daughter of my male and the sister of all the other males. Which means I will be looking for another female longhair when the shows start again :he

I have ended up with a small problem. I don’t want to breed Kajima again, my only other female is her daughter who is the daughter of my male and the sister of all the other males. Which means I will be looking for another female longhair when the shows start again :he
FRUSTRATING!😫

Back
Top Bottom