How did they die?

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
I had 2 barred rocks die a month ago... Liz Lemon and Salt. Liz had seemed to be doing fine but she had always had some lower neck feathers missing... and they were noticable. she had seemed to be doing fine until one day she was lying in her coop breathing deeply with her eyes shut. she was opening and closing them and couldn't get up. the sad thing was that my other girls didn't care--- i opened up the gate to the coop and they all went running out scratching for bugs. so i yelled to my mom "mom, something's wrong with liz lemon!!" we schedued a vet appointment that morning and took her in a box with food and water and talked to her. i went off for just 10 minutes and i come back and she's lying out of her box (which was on a table) on the concrete. she tried to get out and she fell. she had no cuts, but there was many blood splaches in the coop that morning. did she throw it up? how did she die?? i miss her
sad.png
and the weirdest thing is... that same week... the day she died... i just got over being very sick for a week straight. i didnt even touch the chickens while i was sick though, my mom did.
sad.png

2 days later i was at a friend's and mom called saying she found little salt (SWEETHEART) dead in the coop. the two survivors of that flock are in my flock now.

please someone how did they die????? is it cocci?? because i know when chickens get cocci clear druel-like liquid fall from their mouth when you pick them up. this happened to them when i picked them up. COCCI??

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom