How did this happen!

Didn't go too crazy. Only came home with 1 cochin bantam and one unidentifiable very interesting looking bantam.

I hear ya!

I ordered 3 Welsummers, 3 Ameraucanas, and 3 Olive Eggers from a local breeder. Just 9

I went to pick up my newly hatched babies and I came home with 19!

5 Welsummers
4 Ameracaunas
4 Olive Eggers
4 Brahmas
2 Lavender Orpingtons

My husband is the culprit. He does NOT know the meaning of the word "MODERATION"!

He bought the 4 Buff Orps already laying age. Cool, we can easily handle 3-4 eggs a day. Then he bought 6 Barred Rock chicks, and 6 RIR chicks. Alrighty then. The Black Cochins, I admit, are my fault. I saw the trio and thought that was the most bee-yoo-ti-ful rooster evah! and had to have them! THEN he comes home with 12 more Buff chicks, 3 more BR chicks, 6 more RIRs, and 6 Easter Eggers. Then some more EEs. Now I've lost count, but my kitchen has become a large brooder. Oh did I mention we also got 10 more Guinea keets to go with our 6 we got last year?
th.gif

Ok fine, we will have 5 bunnies and 4 chicks, no biggie I suppose, still within "The Plan". Kinda.
Next day I get a call from the very sweet old-timer at the feed store, (He knows my grandmother so Lucky me!) warning me that my hubby was there, trying to convince him that we neeeeeded 6 more girls, and maybe 2 or 3 roosters and heck might as well get a turkey too, and was currently sitting in the corner playing with 2 one and half week old duckling that were looking Quote- so very lonely and wanting a new home.. I almost bit my tongue off!

OMG I'm dying! Can't breathe!​

We did the same thing with our hatchery this year! It was our first time going there so we thought that the order we placed would just be brought out to us but nope, we were able to go back inside where all the cute, peeping chicks were!

I barely managed to contain myself because I was already getting 50 meaties and 4 pekins - but I still managed to slip in 3 more pekins. I'm already planning another trip there
big_smile.png
I like this walk in hatchery stuff, and it's only 5 miles from me!!!

Went into the feed store to get horse feed and almost turned around and left without it when I heard peeping. Luckily they were all broilers. I may have to give my house to the chickens and live out in the coop at the rate I'm going.

Back
Top Bottom