How did your mean day olds turn out?

If you have two of the same geese you could try sexing them by size; for example one of my Embdens has always been clearly bigger than the other so I assume it’s a gander.

I have finally got a picture of them all in their pool!

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpeg
    IMG_1525.jpeg
    881.1 KB · Views: 3
If you have two of the same geese you could try sexing them by size; for example one of my Embdens has always been clearly bigger than the other so I assume it’s a gander.
at what age do you think they start showing a size difference?

at what age do you think they start showing a size difference?
Mine were showing a difference within a week (which is when I got them) and it just got more pronounced as they got older. Of course, I’m still not 100% sure on their gender but I’m pretty confident. Now I don’t know about the small white goose and the brown goose because I only have one of each and none to compare them to.

Mine hate hugs! They used to follow me everywhere but they’re way more independent now. If you pick one up you would think they’re being murdered from the way they scream.

In my experience, usually the most active and bold personalities at a day old are boys. They have also been my most imprinted and favorite birds when adults.
x2...in my experience, also, ganders have typically been the most affectionate. They tend to stay sweet for longer than the females, too. I think ganders are seriously underrated.

Mine hate hugs! They used to follow me everywhere but they’re way more independent now. If you pick one up you would think they’re being murdered from the way they scream.
yes! and lord forbid I pick them up from the back. The way their heads and legs wriggle in sync is hilarious though.

my oldest just chased a passing hen (chicken) and bit the poor hen on the butt!

I hope this is just a phase… they see the hens on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom