How do I bottle peppers

jea fl

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 13, 2011
I have banana peppers in my garden that will go to waste if I cannot find a way to preserve them. I know I could put them in jars and can them like I would a vegetable. But I want to give some of them away as gifts so I would rather put them in bottles rather than canning jars. Is there some way I can preserve the peppers without putting them through the canning process so I can put them in decorative bottles?

As long as you keep them refrigerated, you could put them in any type of decorative bottle. Would that work for you?

There are recipes for pickling banana peppers, I don't have one but I bet you can surf and find one. Hot peppers I wash, put in a clean bottle and pour apple cider vinergar on top. Do the same for various herbs. The keep a long time unrefrigerated. I am not sure if banana peppers will do this way or not.

I can't picture banana peppers in a bottle. Maybe I'm not imagining your peppers or bottles properly in my mind. Are you planning to leave the peppers whole or slice them into rings?

We make pepper sauce by packing a jar or bottle full of small hot peppers and pouring boiling hot vinegar over them.

I've seen canning jars dressed up for gifting by putting fabric over the lid and tying it in place with a piece of ribbon...

Quote:
I am thinking in terms of the peppers you get at Subway. I want to make gift baskets at Christmas with various kinds of homemade bread. I am going to make jam as well, but I want sandwich fixings that are not all sweet. I will probably leave the peppers whole. I can find recipes on the net to pickle banana peppers, but they all say to put the peppers in a boiling water bath or pressure canner which means using canning jars. Since I will already have jam in canning jars I want to put the peppers in something that will add variety to the gift baskets.

Back
Top Bottom