I had noticed a horrible odor in my runs yesterday and assumed it was a combination of chicken poo, saturated soil (rain), and spilt chicken feed. I was partially right. Today though I discovered mold on the ground in each of my 5 runs! Daughter and I cleaned the runs the best we could considering they are very wet still from all the rain we've had. The ground is just soggy. I need some suggestions. I know the mold cannot be healthy for my chickens. How do I get rid of the mold and odor? I read somewhere here about Stall Dry? Would this do the trick? The heat has been horrible today and they're forcasting a few more days of very hot weather, before more rain hits. Will the heat itself kill the mold? And is there any way to prevent this from happening again?