How do I cure my bird!

Pheasantowner6626

In the Brooder
Feb 21, 2024
My pheasant has a respitory infection and is making a strange gargling sound I've treated him with a baytril alternative orally and through water from allbirdproducts.com but somedays he doesn't make the sound and then next he's right back to making it I don't know what other medicines to use and I really need help on this

Are you using enrofloxacin 10%liquid? What dosage are you giving, and how much does the pheasant weigh? For that I would use 0.05 ml per pound twice a day given into the beak to swallow. Does he have any eye bubbles or foam, swelling of his eyelid or face, or mucus coming from the beak or nostrils? MG is a common respiratory disease that most birds can get and spread to others. It is a lifelong chronic disease that can be treated with Baytril or Tylosin, and some use Denagard. Symptoms may go away for good, or they can come back later during periods of stress.

Are you using enrofloxacin 10%liquid? What dosage are you giving, and how much does the pheasant weigh? For that I would use 0.05 ml per pound twice a day given into the beak to swallow. Does he have any eye bubbles or foam, swelling of his eyelid or face, or mucus coming from the beak or nostrils? MG is a common respiratory disease that most birds can get and spread to others. It is a lifelong chronic disease that can be treated with Baytril or Tylosin, and some use Denagard. Symptoms may go away for good, or they can come back later during periods of stress.
I am using enrofloxacin 10% liquid I give them 0.05bml to them since they weigh around a pound or two I have not seen any foam or other symptoms apart from a gargling noise coming from their throat I do believe it is MG they don't show any symptoms but a strange noise when they breath as if they had a cold and had boogers in their throat. Also I heard tylan is r3ally great for helping fix this they only problem is I can get it without a prescription and I'm not sure how to get one. I've been giving them 10% enrofloxacin liquid for about a week now but I'm seeing mixed results since some days they stop making the strange noise and it sounds as if they are fixed but the next day or some hourse later there back to sounding very sick I'm not sure what else to give them?

Have you seen any swollen eyelids, faces, or foamy/bubbly eye? Tylosin is generic Tylan, and you can buy the oral powder to put in the water from pigeon suppliers. But enrofloxacin is probably fine to use. If they could be closer to 2 pounds, then I would give 0.1 ml. If you have an inexpensive kitchen scale, you can get a weight.

Back
Top Bottom