How do i cure scaley leg mites?

They are doing great! I have one of the original three still here. The one that has almost no toes left. She had mites on her head too...so bad that when I oiled it and wiped it two days later everything came off! Feathers and skin.... Ugh! I've gotten most all of her feet cleaned up and the skin on her head is healing. I am going to see if she may could go home tomorrow!

The roosters went back home a couple weeks ago. Found another hen limping and it turns out she got missed in the first treatment so I brought her here. Epsom salts soaks for a few days and she quit limping. Oil treatments and massages and her feet look good enough now for her to go home tomorrow for sure.

I didn't have to amputate the silkie's toe after all either. I soaked her foot several times and cleaned all the mite crusties out of her toe creases and she has already gone back home. ( I am now looking for some silkies for me!) She was such a delight and loved for my grand daughter to hold her in her lap. I need to go dust the pens and nest boxes with seven again and put ivomec on them all just to make sure the mites are gone. It turned so cold here in FL that I had to put it on hold but now it is warm enough again and the photographic Christmas rush is about over so I should be able to get back to them soon.

I have gotten the shop teacher to agree to let his class build some roof structures for the turkeys so they can get out of the weather and they are going to work on the existing pens for the chickens. The lady has really been learning and is willing to do anything I tell her to do so I am optimistic that with me just checking on them occasionally they will be fine.

Thank you for asking....I kept intending to update but everyone waited late this year to do Christmas photos and we have been scrambling to get them done.

sharon

Back
Top Bottom