Solved How do I delete a single page from an article before publishing?

K0k0shka

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jul 24, 2019
Boston Area, MA
My Coop
My Coop
I've been searching and searching and can't find an answer to this... I'm writing an article and created too many pages. I want to delete one, but can't find a way to do it. Under "edit" on the page itself, I can only edit its content, but not delete the page, and under "manage pages", I can only add new pages, but not delete existing pages. There's gotta be a way to do this... Right? I haven't published the article yet, it's still in draft form.

Hi :frow

Do you see “report” at the bottom of your article as below? If so please click that and submit a report asking for it to deleted. I’m not totally sure but I think only staff members can delete them. @CarpCharacin is this the case?
4BF31AAA-810B-42D3-BA26-9E2858FE084A.jpeg

Hi :frow

Do you see “report” at the bottom of your article as below? If so please click that and submit a report asking for it to deleted. I’m not totally sure but I think only staff members can delete them. @CarpCharacin is this case?
View attachment 2353374
I think this is where the confusion is coming from - the terminology is not clear. In some instances on BYC the word "page" is used to refer to the entire document - the whole article, such as in this case, I think. But I don't want the whole article deleted. Only one page from it - where the term "page" refers to one part of the article, like pages in a book. The way the terminology is used by the interface itself. The screenshot above suggests that reporting it would report the whole article, and have the whole article deleted, but that's not what I want. I only want to delete one page from it.

Try reporting the article and specify which page you'd like deleted.
What are the odds the admin doesn't see the note and deletes everything? It took me some time to write it up... Don't want to lose it now :( My workaround for the moment is I marked the unwanted page as a draft, so it's not visible in the published article. But this seems like a problem with the interface, or something, and I'm now curious about it.

What are the odds the admin doesn't see the note and deletes everything? It took me some time to write it up... Don't want to lose it now :( My workaround for the moment is I marked the unwanted page as a draft, so it's not visible in the published article. But this seems like a problem with the interface, or something, and I'm now curious about it.
I'm an admin and I won't delete the entire thing. I did glance at the permissions, and it appears to be due to somewhat of a peculiarity with how they are structured. The permissions aren't configured to let members delete their own articles, by themselves, but they are configured to allow members to create pages. It would appear that the permission to delete pages falls under the more generic permission that allows members to delete their own articles.

Your brooder article?
If so there currently is only one 'page viewable.

I don't think you will see the delete option until its 'published.'

Back
Top Bottom