Solved How do I delete a single page from an article before publishing?

What are the odds the admin doesn't see the note and deletes everything? It took me some time to write it up... Don't want to lose it now :( My workaround for the moment is I marked the unwanted page as a draft, so it's not visible in the published article. But this seems like a problem with the interface, or something, and I'm now curious about it.
I don't think you can mark only one page of an article as a draft yet publish the rest. Can you take a screenshot?

Which one of these do you want deleted?
Screenshot_20200929-145025_BackYard Chickens.jpg

I'm an admin and I won't delete the entire thing. I did glance at the permissions, and it appears to be due to somewhat of a peculiarity with how they are structured. The permissions aren't configured to let members delete their own articles, by themselves, but they are configured to allow members to create pages. It would appear that the permission to delete pages falls under the more generic permission that allows members to delete their own articles.
Oh, that is odd, but it makes sense. Can you see any other pages from your position of access? There should be the main body of the article, and two additional pages. After failing to delete the unwanted pages, I just moved all of the content to the main body of the article. And I just went and changed the content of the two unwanted pages to say "This page needs to be deleted." - just to be clear - and reported the article with a note.

Your brooder article?
If so there currently is only one 'page viewable.

I don't think you will see the delete option until its 'published.'
It's published, but I still don't see the delete option... It's the brooder article, yeah. I just reported it and added a note - I just want the two blank pages deleted (the ones I marked with text saying "This page needs to be deleted.")

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom