IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

3rd step

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED....

I'm doing a similar run.

coopproject7.jpg

My only thing is the cattle panels you have to add hardware cloth or something to the bottom or else your going to lose chicks or whole/pieces of adult chickens to coons and possums if you dont lock them up at night.

Also if your doing a longer run, reinforce it with extra pipes or support rails like I've done on mine, works well 1 on each side and one on top, they won't turn or wobble on you and gives you something to actually staple/tack your wire too as oppose do zip tying it only.

Quote:
its quite easy to do! I just did like the OP did, took the boards and the length and height I wanted (my tractor's run is 7' long by 5' wide) and predrilled a hole through PVC and the 4X4 (i used 4X4 for the weight, and I already had it on hand) and then drilled a screw through so it sat securely and even against the PVC but not into it so it wouldn't crack it. then bent the PVC pipe, repeated the pre drill hole and screwed that end in. Just make sure you measure out your lengths so they are even.
big_smile.png

Quote:
mine is going to be wood, some people wire off the ends as well.

Mine is too big for a standard piece of plyboard so i'll board up 2 pieces of plyboard (1X4 on each side in 3 places) and have hinges on the bottom so it opens up and down so i can let the birds out to free range, and have a lock on the top of it, probably something simple like a turn latch or a hooking latch. mine has a bar that goes on top (wood strip 1X3) and its there additionally for that purpose
smile.png

rough little drawing using PAINT of what mine will look like when I get to it - lol

coopdrawing2.jpg

purple = 1X4's

Red = bar/wood beam on top

gree = lock/latch

Last edited:
this is my breeding pens. 8 by 5...

safe from coons and good for snow too..

hes is my baby by the way going to 4 years old gamefowl... i got 20+ biddies out from him and still more comming.. im just fascinated about them.. they really look good.. you can see my 2 pigeons too..

Pen that roo looks JUST like one I had to cull last year
sad.png
except mine was a mutt, i dont know with what, but he had some funky thick legs and feathered feet for some reason, but otherwise was that one's twin. made my insomniac night to see that vid
smile.png

hes always in his 5 by 8 pen... just put him out so he can eat some grass little bit...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom