how do i fight to change the chicken law in mt pocono pa scotrun

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by galidink, Nov 18, 2010.

1. galidink

galidink New Egg

Nov 18, 2010
    i was made to give up my pet chickens i had 7 . ! [​IMG]i raised them from 1 day old . the woman nx to me didnt like me haveing my chickens . they were 7 mo's old . lots of eggs ![​IMG] but she keept calling the zoneing board . I TALK TO THE ZONEING BOARD TODAY ! he said if she didnt call him all the time he wouldnt say a thing about them .[​IMG] he allso added he was realy sorry for it . it wasnt him ! finedly he told me i had to give them up .. he said -she said they made to much noise . any1 that has chicken know 7 chickens would not be noisey ! and they didnt smell ! so why can i have my chickens [​IMG] i would love to fight this . how ? HELP were do i go from here ?if anyone could give me some info please do thank you galidink

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    First, find out exactly what the ordinances and zoning are for your home. Also find out if there is a noise and/or nuisance ordinance, and exactly what is says.

Post this information and we can better help you determine if you stand any chance of keeping your birds legally.

3. galidink

galidink New Egg

Nov 18, 2010
    Thank You I Will Go From Here ! :d

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by