How do I find out who adopted him?

Moochie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
North Edwards
71441_ca913_17545795-1-x.jpg

71441_grizzly_bear_by_hellhoundpuppy1.jpg

This is Grizzly Bear. We had to put him up for adoption at APET, the no kill shelter on Edwards Air Force Base. He killed 3 of our chickens and tried to kill again, injuring Daphne but she recovered and is doing swell. What happened was Gbear pushed the door that seperated the backyard from the front yard, and he got to them. We have the door reinforced with the feeder barrel and many many bricks, so it shouldn't be a problem with our tiny doxies.
But my mother was calling Grizzly a "chicken killer" and yelling at him, she didn't even want to look at him. My dad talked to me and said that we gotta take him to APET, or else he will try and try to get to our flock. The jerk that works at APET said that I or my family could not go there until Grizzly was adopted. I told some of the kids who volunteer ther and they said Fabio (jerk's name) was probably mistaken and that I could go visit Griz... But I have such a fear that when I go there jerk will tell me "no"... One of my fears is that, being denied of something. One of the many reasons I am afraid to ask to use the potty at school.
It's been 2 1/2 months now and my friend who volunteers there said Grizzly was adopted. I've been on the APET website (I go on it all the time just to see Gbear's pic) and he wasn't on there today. I checked petfinder.com and he's still there, but as far as I know the dog Bailey who I've seen on the APET website has been there forever and some of the cats. So I assume it's not an updated site. I miss him so much, I even had to go to the school counseler twice because of me having breakdowns in class crying about Grizzly.
Originally my friend Peggy was supposed to have her mom adopt him so I could visit him every other weekend but the plan didn't work.
Please tell me there is a way to find out where Grizzly Bear is now. Please I am getting desperate.

Sweetie.. my advice would be to just stop looking for him. Hopefully he found a good family... but you never know.
sad.png

So your parents made you give him up?
I'm very sorry...
hugs.gif

hun, my suggestion is to stop. think about it. griz has been adopted and chances are he is pretty well settled in with his new people.. if you went to visit him, it would not only upset him, but also likely confuse him. i had to rehome my sheltie, scotch when i was a teen as my boyfriend left me and i couldnt afford to feed my little man any more. i gave him to a family.i went to visit him once or twice but i realized how upset i was making him. i quit going to see him, i love him dearly enough to let him go and you must do the same

hugs

The shelter is very unlikely to give you any information about who adopted GBear. There is a big legal liability to giving out peoples name and addresses. The group here is right that you need to let him move on. I am sure that he went to a great home, and you just need to keep tell yourself that he is in a great home.

One of your fears is being denied something?

I think like everyone who has lived a full and varied life, you're going to need to take this situation, and learn a lesson about growing up. Unfortunately, in life, we don't always get what we want. Part of the maturing process is learning that. Learning to be at peace with the changes life brings, is very, very important. Learning to make the best of things, take it and make it into something new and better.

In your life, many things will happen that will make you unhappy, and will drag you down a long time if you let it.

The thing to do, is to learn from it, and take it and make it into something better. Perhaps you will want to be a vet when you grow up, or a dog trainer. Perhaps you'll want to work for a dog breeder, helping them put their puppies into good homes.

Please stop looking for the dog, and stop getting yourself worked up about it. That's a no kill shelter, and that dog most likely is in a very nice home now, with some really nice people. When an animal does not work out in your home, the very, very best thing you can do for that animal, is find a new home for it. A dog isn't happy in a home where he is not working out well. Dogs aren't smart enough to know what's going wrong or why, but they do feel the tension, and they are happier in a new home. And one thing we learn about dogs is, they can be happy with other people. They are very adaptable. And we humans need to be able to be adaptable too.

Last edited:
I worked at our local shelter for a few years & It was policy NOT to give out personal info, including who adopted who. This is to protect the adoptees from harassment from the previous owners, which happens more than you can imagine. Please, move on. I think Griz got a good home. People that DON'T take care of their pets USUALLY DON'T spend money on them, so I think he'll have a good home.

hugs.gif
I agree, you may never know who has adopted Griz, I'm sure he is in a home where he is well loved, prehaps they even have some children that are trying to love him as much as you do.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
it's so hard to lose a best friend, things will get easier.

Back
Top Bottom