How do I find where I last posted in a thread and where I last left off reading in a thread?

yomama

Crowing
10 Years
Nov 6, 2009
outside, except when I'm inside
Sorry if this has been addressed already. I did do a search and couldn't find an answer. I'm wanting to know how I can find where I last posted in a thread. I know that I can pull up my profile, and see all the threads that I have posted in, but not where I last posted in one. I'm having to pull up the thread, either choose first post or last post and search where my last post in a thread is. Along the same lines, is there anyway to kind of "bookmark" where I last left off reading on a thread?
Thanks!

Sorry, this is a bit messy, I threw it together real fast. Hope it helps.

Thanks! I understand the top two, and the last two, but the two in the middle I don't. The third one, I click on there to see all new posts in that section since I last looked? I clicked on it, and it just marked it as "read". I'm wanting to mark an individual thread where I last left off. If I mark it as read, when I come back to it later,how will it take me to where I left off? Also I'm not seeing the part where it says "go to last post" on my screen anywhere.
barnie.gif
Please forgive my computer ignorance, lol. I do appreciate you putting that all together.
smile.png

As to the icon at the far left- If you're on the main forum home page, there is a similar looking icon in that location that marks everything in that forum as "read". If you're in a forum section, the icon that I show in the screen capture appears, and that takes you to the first post new post since your last visit.
If you mark it a forum as read, next time you come there, all new posts will be all posts from the time you marked it as "read", not all new posts since your last visit to that thread.

Those two icons should look more different. (that grammar is not right, but it's too late at night...)

the "go to your last post" only appears on threads where you have posted.

ok, i see that you have to be on the forum, not your personal page, to see the "your last post". But still having a hard time figuring out how to mark an individual thread where I last left off reading.
hmm.png

You don't have to mark it. clicking that button will take you to the first post after where you last left off. It remembers where you were.
Aaaah, I think I get it now. Thank you so much. At first I was thinking I could access this all from my personal page, like the old site. I also think I was trying to "over think" it, lol!
Thanks again so much!!

Back
Top Bottom